[the palaverist]

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

[mortality]

I just received the startling and sad news that one of my high school classmates, Robert Paoli, has passed away.

I was never close to Rob. I remember him as a very big guy who played football and wore shorts all winter. In the years since I last saw him, he rose to captain of the volunteer firefighter corps in Marinwood — the fire department that would put out the grass fires that broke out on the hills around my Lucas Valley home every summer. He also went to Louisiana to help in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.

In my memory, Rob was never unkind. His obituary makes it clear that he was loved by many. It's a sad loss. He is survived by his wife and his five-year-old daughter. A trust fund has been set up for the family, and the information for donating is in the article.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I just heard the very sad news of Robert Paoli's passing. We use to play football together through High School, but I remember him most for being such a great guy. We spent some fun times together and now I wish I would have said hello more often and kept in touch.

We've lost a special person.

-Saeed Qureshi

3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Previous Posts

[critical confusion]
[more great news]
[peace in nepal]
[victory]
[in other news]
[for what it's worth]
[joelicious]
[clinton call]
[how i spent my saturday morning]
[musical friends meme]
Older

Events

New York Buddhist Gcal

Please Donate

[UNICEF]
[Seva Foundation]
[CARE]
[Médicins Sans Frontieres]
[RAWA]

Friends

Ambiguous
Robin's group blog.

Bits of Bliss
Things to be happy about. Add your own!

Blissfully Emparadoxed
T's personal blog.

Kate's l337 Journal
All you ever wanted to know about lung transplants and Star Wars.

La Roja Viaje
A blog about training ESL teachers in Kuwait.

Miriamjoyce
Blog of journalist Miriam Joyce.

Pagan Mom
The trials and tribulations of raising Josh's Pagan godson.

Polenblog
Everything you ever wanted to know about the Polenbergs, ever.

She Changes Everything She Touches
Rebecca's personal blog.