[the palaverist]

Monday, December 04, 2006

[ten odd things about me]

It seems almost unfair to limit it to ten, but here we go (meme from T):

1. I have a sort of sub-Tourette neurological tickiness that lodges words in my head and creates an uncomfortable, distracting pressure to blurt them (which I sometimes do within a nonsense sentence, to make it seem less weird). Those who've known me a long time can probably recite a list of the most frequently recurring words. This is worse when I'm tense, as during my last couple of months at STV, when a little ditty with the lyric "So hard to give a shit / So hard to give a shit" (in an Eastern European accent) ran constantly through my head all day at work.

2. When I was younger, it surprised me to learn that not everyone wanted to be a writer and make books.

3. I'm obsessed with Central Asia.

4. I don't own any Legos because I'm afraid if I did, I'd never do anything else.

5. I get my hair cut by people with stripper names.

6. When I was a kid, I always wore out the left knees on all my pants; later, I had surgery on that knee for a torn meniscus. Coincidence? Who knows?

7. I harbor a fantasy that my maternal grandmother is decended from Romanian Gypsies.

8. Sweet mixed drinks make me queasy, but I'm fine if I have a glass of juice and shot of liquor separately.

9. When I eat cold cheese, especially cream cheese, on something warm and bready, my face feels flushed and sweaty, but it doesn't change appearance.

10. Though I grew up in Marin, I've never been to Alcatraz or walked the Golden Gate Bridge.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very interesting. I actually never fully realized or understood number one in so many words, though when I think about it, it makes sense.

--Phaedra Lari

11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Previous Posts

[roh on the ropes]
[the spirit of clumping]
[god says abortion isn't murder]
[megadedly]
[video history of an earth scientist, part 2]
[video history of an earth scientist, part 1]
[orientalism]
[thanks]
[bi the way]
[intellectual property]
Older

Events

New York Buddhist Gcal

Please Donate

[UNICEF]
[Seva Foundation]
[CARE]
[Médicins Sans Frontieres]
[RAWA]

Friends

Ambiguous
Robin's group blog.

Bits of Bliss
Things to be happy about. Add your own!

Blissfully Emparadoxed
T's personal blog.

Kate's l337 Journal
All you ever wanted to know about lung transplants and Star Wars.

La Roja Viaje
A blog about training ESL teachers in Kuwait.

Miriamjoyce
Blog of journalist Miriam Joyce.

Pagan Mom
The trials and tribulations of raising Josh's Pagan godson.

Polenblog
Everything you ever wanted to know about the Polenbergs, ever.

She Changes Everything She Touches
Rebecca's personal blog.