[the palaverist]

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

[sad personal news]

I think I've told everyone who needs to be told rather than finding out this way. Anyway, I'm getting tired of telling people. So here goes.

After four years of marriage, Jenny and I are getting divorced. This is not an outcome either of us wanted, but it has become inevitable. The reasons are our own, but you are welcome to ask either one of us, and we'll tell you what we feel we should.

In terms of the logistical realities, it looks like I will be getting a new job over the next few months, then finding a new place to live. Where I go depends on where I get hired. Jenny and I are dealing with the details amicably. If you know of any positions for writers or any leads on getting into strategic consulting or corporate communications, let me know. They needn't be in New York.

In terms of the personal realities, this has been absolutely devastating. I have a great deal of uncertainty ahead, and very much sadness. I hope that this choice will bring Jenny happiness, and that I too can look back years from now and see that this was the beginning of new and positive developments in my life. But all that is in the future. For now, it just hurts.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not sure what to say, but I am thinking of you both with much love. *hugs*

4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Previous Posts

[coolest thing ever?]
[awkwardness]
[a song meme]
[in soviet union, even video game is poor!]
[why 9/11 was not a hoax]
[hometown heros]
[ninety days]
[kremlinology]
[still on the new blog tip]
[a blog we can agree on]
Older

Events

New York Buddhist Gcal

Please Donate

[UNICEF]
[Seva Foundation]
[CARE]
[Médicins Sans Frontieres]
[RAWA]

Friends

Ambiguous
Robin's group blog.

Bits of Bliss
Things to be happy about. Add your own!

Blissfully Emparadoxed
T's personal blog.

Kate's l337 Journal
All you ever wanted to know about lung transplants and Star Wars.

La Roja Viaje
A blog about training ESL teachers in Kuwait.

Miriamjoyce
Blog of journalist Miriam Joyce.

Pagan Mom
The trials and tribulations of raising Josh's Pagan godson.

Polenblog
Everything you ever wanted to know about the Polenbergs, ever.

She Changes Everything She Touches
Rebecca's personal blog.