[the palaverist]

Thursday, January 24, 2008

[groggy]

Today is my second day without caffeine. Yesterday I also ... snore ...

Wha? Who? ... Oh, right. Blogging.

So, a day without caffeine, I am discovering, is like a ... like a ... like a nap? grumblesnoozegrumble ...

Oops! I'm back. Really. Uncaffeinated, but conscious. Sort of.

Will The Palaverist stay caffeine-free even into his new job next week? We'll see how the next couple days go.

Update: Okay, so a cup of tea this afternoon seemed wise once the headache got serious. Cold turkey may not be the way to go. I don't know that I even need to be off caffeine at all, but I thought it might help me to sleep better — I wake up a lot in the night. So we'll see.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, hard to imagine you giving up caffeine! Good luck :)

4:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If your issue is waking up in the night, you might consider setting a cut-off hour for caffeine consumption that's 2 hours prior to your current usual last caffeine dose, and gradually moving your deadline to earlier in the day. I have a no caffeine after 3 pm rule during the workweek and it works well for me.

11:13 AM  
Blogger [the palaverist] said...

That's a good idea, though I usually have just my morning cup and then one in the afternoon, around 3 or 4. But maybe being more rigorous about the late-in-the-day caffeine might help.

11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Previous Posts

[crossing the border]
[double doubleclick]
[i am privileged]
[it's my new york again]
[new starts]
[living in interesting times]
[giving thanks]
[the interregnum]
[μ (sic)]
[are suburbs the new bohemia?]
Older

Events

New York Buddhist Gcal

Please Donate

[UNICEF]
[Seva Foundation]
[CARE]
[Médicins Sans Frontieres]
[RAWA]

Friends

Ambiguous
Robin's group blog.

Bits of Bliss
Things to be happy about. Add your own!

Blissfully Emparadoxed
T's personal blog.

Kate's l337 Journal
All you ever wanted to know about lung transplants and Star Wars.

La Roja Viaje
A blog about training ESL teachers in Kuwait.

Miriamjoyce
Blog of journalist Miriam Joyce.

Pagan Mom
The trials and tribulations of raising Josh's Pagan godson.

Polenblog
Everything you ever wanted to know about the Polenbergs, ever.

She Changes Everything She Touches
Rebecca's personal blog.