The Interview Meme
1) Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me."
2) I will respond by asking you 5 questions of a very personal nature.
3) You will update your own blog, or the comments here, with the answers to the questions.
4) You will include this and an offer to interview someone else in the post.
5) When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them 5 questions.
1) When were you happiest?
That's a tough one considering how skewed my perspective is right now on much of my recent past. But I would say probably my senior year of high school, and then maybe the first year after Jenny and I moved to Court Street.
2) What is a talent that you wish you had?
I wish I were more athletic generally. And I wish I were better at learning languages.
3) What is your favorite flavor?
4) How do you handle shame?
Badly. I'm working on that. Therapy and recovery are my main tools at the moment. But shame is something I really struggle with.
5) If you had to explain yourself in three sentences, what would they be?
(For the sake of decency, I'll avoid run-ons.) I have known for most of my life that I wanted to be a writer, except for a confused period in elementary school when I wanted to be a lawyer, and this desire runs so deep that I used to believe everyone wanted to be a writer, until I learned otherwise.
I was raised in Northern California by
I am a lifelong learner on as many fronts as I can manage, and in the last year or so this has taken an especially important turn as I have begun to learn the difference between pursuing dreams and indulging cravings.